GPSAP 2021 to 2030: Strategic Objective 6
|Links to Tools and Resources mapped to SO6||Shared by||Country|
Strategic Objective 6, Information, research and risk management, aims to ensure a constant flow of information and knowledge to drive the mitigation of risk, a reduction in levels of avoidable harm, and improvements in the safety of care. The 5 key strategies are:
- Strategy 6.1: Establish or strengthen patient safety incident reporting and learning systems.
- Strategy 6.2: Create a patient safety information system based on all sources of data related to risks and harm inherent in the delivery of health care and integrated with existing health management information systems.
- Strategy 6.3: Establish, synergize and scale up patient safety surveillance systems to ascertain the magnitude and causes of harm in health care.
- Strategy 6.4: Develop active and funded patient safety research programmes, especially translational research.
- Strategy 6.5: Develop and implement digital solutions to improve the safety of health care.
Refer to Global Patient Safety Action Plan (GPSAP) 2021-2030 for the detailed framework for action through the 7 Strategic Objectives and 35 strategies. Each strategy is further operationalized into suggested actions for four key groups or categories of partners: governments, health care facilities and services, stakeholders and the WHO Secretariat.