GPSAP 2021 to 2030: Strategic Objective 5
|Links to Tools and Resources mapped to SO5||Shared by||Country|
Strategic Objective 5, Health worker education, skills and safety, aims to inspire, educate, skill and protect health workers to contribute to the design and delivery of safe care systems. The 5 key strategies are:
- Strategy 5.1: Incorporate patient safety within health professional undergraduate and postgraduate education curricula and continuing professional development, with an emphasis on interprofessional learning.
- Strategy 5.2: Identify and establish collaborations with centres of excellence in patient safety education and training.
- Strategy 5.3: Ensure that patient safety core competencies are part of regulatory requirements for health professionals.
- Strategy 5.4: Link commitment to patient safety with appraisal systems for health care professionals and managers.
- Strategy 5.5: Design care settings, environments and practices to provide safe working conditions for all staff.
Refer to Global Patient Safety Action Plan (GPSAP) 2021-2030 for the detailed framework for action through the 7 Strategic Objectives and 35 strategies. Each strategy is further operationalized into suggested actions for four key groups or categories of partners: governments, health care facilities and services, stakeholders and the WHO Secretariat.