GPSAP 2021 to 2030: Strategic Objective 3
|Links to Tools and Resources mapped to SO3||Shared by||Country|
Strategic Objective 3, Safety of Clinical Processes, aims to assure the safety of every clinical process. The 5 key strategies are:
- Strategy 3.1: Identify all risk prone clinical procedures and mitigate their risks, taking account of national and local priorities.
- Strategy 3.2: Implement a programme to transform the safety of medication management and use based on the third WHO Global Patient Safety Challenge: Medication Without Harm.
- Strategy 3.3: Put in place rigorous and evidence-based measures for infection prevention and control to minimize the occurrence of health care-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance.
- Strategy 3.4: Assure the safety of medical devices, medicine, blood and blood products, vaccines and other medical products.
- Strategy 3.5: Assure the safety of patients in all settings, including in mental health settings and care homes, with a focus on primary care and transitions of care.
Refer to Global Patient Safety Action Plan (GPSAP) 2021-2030 for the detailed framework for action through the 7 Strategic Objectives and 35 strategies. Each strategy is further operationalized into suggested actions for four key groups or categories of partners: governments, health care facilities and services, stakeholders and the WHO Secretariat.