GPSAP 2021 to 2030: Strategic Objective 2
|Links to Tools and Resources mapped to SO2||Shared by||Country|
Strategic Objective 2, High-reliability systems focuses on building high-reliability health systems and health organizations that protect patients daily from harm. The 5 key strategies are:
- Strategy 2.1: Develop and sustain a culture of respect, openness and transparency that promotes learning, not blame and retribution, within each organization providing patient care.
- Strategy 2.2: Develop and operate effectively a good governance framework within each component of the health care system.
- Strategy 2.3: Develop clinical and managerial leadership capacity and capabilities at all levels to ensure a strong and visible focus on eliminating avoidable harm in health care.
- Strategy 2.4: Build a strong human factors/ergonomics perspective and input to strengthening the resilience of health organizations and clinical practices.
- Strategy 2.5: Incorporate patient safety elements within the context of emergencies, disease outbreaks and settings of extreme adversity.
Refer to Global Patient Safety Action Plan (GPSAP) 2021-2030 for the detailed framework for action through the 7 Strategic Objectives and 35 strategies. Each strategy is further operationalized into suggested actions for four key groups or categories of partners: governments, health care facilities and services, stakeholders and the WHO Secretariat.