Nursing Fall Prevalence Audit Checklist
|Nursing Fall Prevalence Audit Checklist||Shared by||Country|
|Mapped to Strategic Objective 3 - Strategy 3.1 of GPSAP 2021-2030 Download GKPSFILEA16||SingHealth Community Hospital (SCH)||Singapore|
The Fall Prevalence Audit Form is developed by the Nursing division of SingHealth Community Hospital (SCH) to assess fall risk and fall prevention practices. The tool covers 3 domains (1) SCM Audit, (2) Environmental Observations and (3) Patient Education, and 12 review areas:
1) SCM Audit
- Fall Risk Assessment done upon admission
- Fall Intervention documented in SCM
(2) Environmental Observations
- Presence of Green Risk Band
- Call Bell in sight and within reach
- Bed in low position
- Table and personal items within reach
- Any trip hazards around patient?
- Is patient’s mobility status updated on the mobility status board timely and accurately?
- Is Geri chair seatbelt applied firmly with the lapboard in place? (applicable only to patients with high fall risk and/or dementia)
(3) Patient Education
- Does patient know how to use call bell?
- Is Next of Kin (NOK) aware of the fall prevention measures?
- Does patient/ NOK know the consequences of fall?